The men's caps and hats in linen and silk are perfect for Spring/Summer wear, not unlike the cotton hats and caps you've likely already admired. Case in point is The Chattanooga, a truly magnificent 8/4 panel newsboy crafted from a substantial heavyweight linen. It features a snap brim, leather strap in the back and cool cotton lining. It's a SuperDuper creation, made in Italy exclusively for Hartford York. And you. Another
linen newsboy cap exclusive to Hartford York is from Anthony Peto of Paris. Called The Irlandise, it's a full cut cap with a single snap brim, button top and subtle herringbone pattern.
If you're looking for a linen fedora, there's a great safari style hat from Tommy Bahama with a 2 1/2 inch brim, sailfish pin and contrast trim. Not only does this lid keep the sun off your pate, it's also got a Made in the Shade recipe inside the crown for a cocktail called the Caribbean Pain Killer. Form and function! The Geneva is a JB Stetson trilby in a subtly textured linen with a stingy stitched brim, and tonal "Stetson" monogram on the trim. Lined in cotton for springtime comfort, it is offered in several color choices, depending on size and availability.
When it's silk you want in a newsboy cap, JB Stetson has the absolutely sumptuous Hatteras Silk Newsboy with a sewn down brim. The woven, silk material has a nubby texture and a tight, subtle herringbone pattern. "Stetson, An American Spirit, 100% Pure Silk" is embroidered in its 100% cotton lining. There's also The Silk/Cashmere Hatteras, a beautiful herringbone newsboy from JB Stetson finely crafted in Germany in a blend of 50% summerweight wool, 30% silk and 20% cashmere. It features impeccable stitching, cotton lining with Stetson embroidered logo and a Stetson icon pinned at the back. Satisfied customers leave reviews about this cap that read:
Another JB Stetson cap brought back by demand this year is The Silk/Cashmere Bandera. It just doesn't get any better than this cap in a fine herringbone pattern, with a sewn down brim, cotton lining with embroidered logo and Stetson pin. Customers love this ivy cap, writing reviews like these:
- Very elegant, yet casual, smooth and appealing... a must have!
- Excellent material. Great fit. Exactly what I have been seeking for a casual everyday hat.
- Gorgeous fabric. Nice feel.
- This classic newsboy cap is well constructed of the finest materials.
- Fits perfectly. The material is a very elegant blend of silk/cashmere. I am bald and this cap feels awesome.
- The JB Stetson silk/cashmere hat is great. Good fit and looks good too.
- I've bought several hats from Hartford York, and have always been satisfied--but this hat is the nicest! So soft, so light, it's perfect for fall, spring or summer. I'm thinking about buying another one in a different color.
- Very fine material with excellent stitch work.
- As usual...the product was of great quality. Couldn't be happier with my hat.
- No surprises here -- the brown Stetson Bandera ivy cap that I just picked is just as beautifully made as the grey one I already had.